Saturday, November 26, 2011

Swatches and Review: Victoria Secret Essential Face Kit

I got this a few months back for my birthday from my amazing bestfriends. I was really excited to try it out cause i have never tried any of their products.
The kit comes with 15 products- 8 eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner, 2 lipsticks, 2 lipglosses, 1 blush and 1 bronzer. I must say, this kit is extremely wearable for everyday and is so convinient to carry around.

It comes with a nice range of neutrals and colours for eyeshadows. The blush looks amazing on light to medium skin tones but if you're any darker than that, it might not show that well on the skin. The bronzer, however, looks gorgeous on any skintone. Although it has a bit of a shimmer in it, it gives a nice glow that i really love. I love how it looks on my skin.

The eyeliner isnt that bad either. Sometimes when you get cream eyeliners in palettes, they dont exactly have the greatest pigmentation, but this one is really nice. It takes about two dips to get a nice dark, black line, but it works well.

The lipsticks are fabulous too. My favourite is the deep shimmery red. If you want go with the trends of dark bold lips without going full on with it, this colour is amazing. You can definately layer on more if you want a bolder colour but a light layer of it gives it enough 'boldness' without going too much. The nude colour feels a little sheer to me, but if you layer it on, it looks like a great neutral lip colour. The lipglosses dont really have the greatest of pigmentation, but it gives a nice shine and glossy look.

Overall, im really impressed with the kit. From the soft and pigmented eyeshadows to the amazing looking bronzer to the not-so-bold-but-still-bold lipstick, im a fan!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment